Full Edit of Manuscript
This edit is charged by the word. Please email me to learn the rate. Nicolinenovels@gmail.com
*This booking is listed at $0 because the cost will be determined during our email exchange. Feel free to book this via my website at $0 to reserve a spot on my editing calendar.
Please email me PRIOR to booking to confirm a start and end date for your project, especially if you have a deadline you're aiming to hit.
What does a line edit include?
- Overall flow of story
- Story pacing
- Showing versus telling
- Word repetition
- Consistency of spelling, hyphenation, numbers, names, and facts.
- Awkward word choice and/or sentence structure
- Improving sentence structure
- Any incorrect dialogue tags/punctuation
- Point of view inconsistencies
- Irrelevant language
- Repetition of plot points
- Obvious errors, such as missing words, double words, and spelling mistakes
What does a developmental edit include? All of the above PLUS:
- Further development of the plot
- Locating and resolving plot holes
- Context consistency
- Plot continuity
- Ensuring each chapter drives the story forward
- Consistency regarding character behavior, development, & purpose
- Building characterization
- Narrative tone and style
- Overall structure, including chapter placement and/or reorganization
- Assistance with world-building
- Building a more descriptive setting
- Maximizing dramatic tension and conflict
Neither of these edits include proofreading, although I will note and correct every error that I see. I will likely catch most of them, but I do advise contracting a second set of eyes for a thorough proofreading. (Please note my advice given within the editing landing page.)